Medical Bodywork (MBW)
Sessions: 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes
This type of body work addresses issues that have a medical diagnosis by a trained medical practitioner (examples: TMJD, TOS, PF, CRPS, CTS, Sciatica Impingement, or Brachial Plexus Impingement). Many people in need of this type of service have lost significant amounts of range of motion and are in pain 50% of the time. Quality of life has decreased to the point that many people are on pain medication and do very little exercise. They miss work, hobbies, or activities regularly due to the pain.
- Increased range of motion in specific joints that were hurting or stiff
- Better movement in rotation, extension, and flexion in the upper part of the body
- Relaxed feeling and unique openness in the body joints
- On average, 75% lower levels of pain and body ache discomfort
- Increased awareness of why you are hurting and how we can help you
- Body feels lighter due to detoxification
- Tight muscle tissue begins to heal
- Strength is restored because of released toxins, metabolic waste and lactic acid
- Increase of blood and oxygen to the brain
- Many patients find that they do not need as much pain medication or muscle relaxers due to the fact that the quality of their life has been enhanced.
- Many of our medical sessions result in patients beginning to work out or exercise in some shape form or fashion just because they feel good enough to be able to do that after 5 – 10 sessions.
Specialties we work on include:
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome / TOS
- Sciatica Impingement
- Plantar Fascitis / PFS
- Lumbar Pain
- SI Joint Pain
- Tempromandibular Joint Pain TMJ / TMJD
- Tinnitus / Ringing in the Ears
- Restless Leg Syndrome / RLS
- Frozen Shoulder – Rotator Cuff Pain
- Arthritis Joint Treatment
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome / CTS
- De Quervain Tenosynovitis
Before Your Session:
Before your session, we recommend that you drink half your body weight in water (1 oz. of water per lb. of body weight). Do this in proportion to the time of day you’re coming to session. Prepare yourself mentally for a session that will help your body heal to increase the quality of your life.
How You’ll Feel:
You’ll experience increased mobility in your joints and an ability to relax. After multiple sessions, you’ll likely find less need for pain relief medication You may feel light headed or dizzy for 5 – 20 minutes due to increased circulation.
Any deep work performed on the neck, chest, shoulders, cranial, jaw, or occipital lobe can leave you with a headache for 4 – 6 hours. This only happens in approximately 3% of cases, but we want you to know of this possibility in advance. We take careful precautions to try to prevent this from occurring. Soreness or discomfort lasting 12 – 24 hours in the areas worked, followed by a maintained feeling of rejuvenation for between 3 – 7 days on average.
Get the Most from Your Treatment:
To get the most out of your service, drink lots of water before and after your session. Eat homecooked, healthy meals, rather than box meals or fast foods. We encourage an active lifestyle—move regularly and stretch your body as you work with it through this healing process.